Yeşim Fethiye Api Şamlı is among the leaders in our Banking & Finance and Projects & Infrastructure practice groups. Ms. Api Şamlı has an outstanding reputation in the banking industry for her understanding of the operational needs of financial institutions, including not only commercial banks but also international financial institutions, ECAs and capital markets institutions, which she has developed through her close involvement in some of the most significant compliance-focused work in Turkey over the last two decades. She also has extensive experience on all sides of banking and finance transactions, having represented borrowers active in all major sectors in addition to lending institutions.
Ms. Api Şamlı advises on both transactional and compliance aspects of major Banking and Finance transactions, including mergers and acquisitions of financial institutions, corporate and investment financing, leveraged and acquisition financing, investment and project financing, Islamic financing, capital markets-related products and transactions, private banking, and wealth management. She also continues to assume an active role in both license-based and PPP-model infrastructure projects, where she contributes advice on the project finance aspect of the deals. Some of her most significant work has included the refinancing phase of one the largest transportation infrastructure financing by a consortium composed of international and Turkish banks.
- LLM., Georgetown University Law Center (with a partial scholarship), 2005
- LLB., Istanbul University School of Law, 2000
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter, New FX Related Regulations for Foreign Capital Companies, October 2020, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter, The Rapid Regulation of Cryptocurrencies, October 2020, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – Private Client Law in Turkey, July 2020, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – Warranty & Indemnity Insurance to Optimize Risk Allocation, Fall 2019, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – Private Client Law in Turkey, November 2019, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – New Business Opportunities Available for Foreign Exchange Companies under New Legislation, Summer 2019, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – Takaful Alaturka: Participation Insurance Offers Innovative Islamic Finance Products, Summer 2016, co-author
- International Law Institute (ILI) Istanbul Chapter, Member
- Trademark and European Patent Agent (since 2001)
- AFS Intercultural Program of the Turkish Cultural Association, Member