Serkan Gül is the head of our Real Estate practice group. Mr. Gül is one of the most respected names in the Turkish real estate sector for his practical, solutions-based approach to complex transactions involving multiple stakeholders and regulatory authorities, as well as his significant involvement in real estate-based organizations in Turkey such as the Association of Real Estate Companies and Real Estate Investment Companies and the Platform for Strategic Thinking in Real Estate.
Mr. Gül advises clients in every aspect of real estate transactions, including asset and share deals, from the project`s inception to completion. He has extensive experience in real estate investment funds and trusts, sale and leaseback transactions, construction, and zoning and permitting in deals that include residential properties, offices, shopping centers, hotels, and port facilities. Some of his most noteworthy work has included the sale of properties that had previously sat idle for long periods of time due to cost overruns and regulatory delays.
- LLM., in International Trade Law, University of Essex School of Law, 2000
- LLB., Dokuz Eylül University School of Law, 1998
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Winter/Spring 2020, Investment of a lifetime: Acquisition of Turkish Citizenship Through Real Estate Investment, April 2020, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – Commercial Real Estate in Turkey: Overview, June 2019, co-author
- Chambers & Partners – Global Practice Guides: Real Estate Guide, Law & Practice chapter, May 2019, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Winter/Spring 2019, How Does the Foreign Currency Restriction Affect the Real Estate Sector?, April 2019, co-author
- WLG – Doing Business 2017: Property Survey, March 2016, co-author
- Who’s Who – Investor’s Guide Turkey 2016: Substantial Experience of all Property Matters, March 2016, co-author
- Who’s Who – Investor’s Guide Turkey 2016: Regulations in the Turkish Real Estate Market are Progressively Having a Favorable Effect on All Market Players, March 2016, co-author
- Association of Real Estate and Real Estate Investment Companies, Gayrimenkul ve Gayrimenkul Yatırım Ortaklığı Derneği (GYODER), Member
- Strategic Thinking in Real Estate, Gayrimenkul için Strateji Platformu (GİSP), Member