Senem Denktaş is a leader in our Infrastructure & Project Finance and M&A practice groups.In the field of infrastructure, Ms. Denktaş is known for providing comprehensive support through every phase of project development and having an ability to look beyond daily and short-term priorities in order to take into account potential issues through the entire lifecycle of long-term projects. Additionally, her decades-long M&A experience in nearly all major sectors and all types of M&A work has been an invaluable asset to our clients, her innovative structuring advice and streamlined efficiency consistently ensuring rapid but fundamentally robust outcomes.
In the field of Infrastructure & Project Finance, Ms. Denktaş’s practice is primarily focused on long-term infrastructure projects, where she represents project companies, banks, and international financial institutions (IFIs), particularly engaging in public-private partnerships (PPPs). Some of her most significant work has been in PPPs utilizing the build-lease-transfer (BLT) model for the development of healthcare campuses throughout Turkey. In the field of M&A, Ms. Denktaş primarily advises clients in transactions involving various types of investors, including private equity funds, and has successfully represented numerous clients in both entry and exit transactions.
- LLM., London School of Economics and Political Science, 1998
- LLB., Istanbul University School of Law, 1996
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Summer/Fall 2021, The Future of Public-Private Partnerships in a Post-Pandemic World, October 2021, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Spring 2021, A Lifeline at Trying Times: The Revamped Financial Restructuring Program, March 2021, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Winter/Spring 2020, Project Bonds for Infrastructure Investments, April 2020, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Summer 2019, Crowdfunding in Turkey – Does the Communiqué Draft Address the Needs of the Market?, July 2019, co-author
- IFLR – China Outbound Investment Special Focus: Turkey, June/July 2019, co-author
- Lexology, GTDT – Corporate Reorganisations 2019, May 2019, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Winter/Spring 2019, Steps Towards Healing the Turkish Economy: The Financial Restructuring Regulation and Framework Agreement, April 2019, co-author
- International Law Institute (ILI) Istanbul Chapter
- European Law Students Association (ELSA) Brussels, International Director for Institutional Relations