Senem Denktaş is a leader in our Infrastructure & Project Finance and M&A practice groups.In the field of infrastructure, Ms. Denktaş is known for providing comprehensive support through every phase of project development and having an ability to look beyond daily and short-term priorities in order to take into account potential issues through the entire lifecycle of long-term projects. Additionally, her decades-long M&A experience in nearly all major sectors and all types of M&A work has been an invaluable asset to our clients, her innovative structuring advice and streamlined efficiency consistently ensuring rapid but fundamentally robust outcomes.
In the field of Infrastructure & Project Finance, Ms. Denktaş’s practice is primarily focused on long-term infrastructure projects, where she represents project companies, banks, and international financial institutions (IFIs), particularly engaging in public-private partnerships (PPPs). Some of her most significant work has been in PPPs utilizing the build-lease-transfer (BLT) model for the development of healthcare campuses throughout Turkey. In the field of M&A, Ms. Denktaş primarily advises clients in transactions involving various types of investors, including private equity funds, and has successfully represented numerous clients in both entry and exit transactions.
- LLM., London School of Economics and Political Science, 1998
- LLB., Istanbul University School of Law, 1996
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – Crowdfunding in Turkey – Does the Communiqué Draft Address the Needs of the Market?, Summer 2019, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – Steps Towards Healing the Turkish Economy: The Financial Restructuring Regulation and Framework Agreement, Winter/Spring 2019, co-author
- LBR – Getting The Deal Through: PPP Guide 2019, November 2018, co-author
- IFLR – China Outbond Investment Guide 2018: Turkey, April 2018, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – Recent Developments in Turkish Data Protection Law, Summer 2016, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – Regret Filing: How to Use Voluntary Disclosure of Unpaid Taxes to Avoid Penalties, Summer 2016, co-author
- International Law Institute (ILI) Istanbul Chapter
- European Law Students Association (ELSA) Brussels, International Director for Institutional Relations