Piraye Kuranel Başol is a leader in the transactional side of our Banking & Finance practice group, advising on all aspects of financing transactions. Ms. Kuranel Başol is known for creating custom and efficient solutions for each particular transaction based on over two decades’ worth of experience representing clients on every side of cross-border transactional financing. She also has extensive experience in the compliance side of Banking & Finance and is highly praised for her ability to translate that know-how into building robust transactional structures.
Ms. Kuranel Başol represents international banks, Islamic financing corporations, international financial institutions (IFIs), international development banks (IDBs), Export Development Banks, corporations, and private clients on all finance-related aspects of their projects. Some of her most significant work has included several multi-billion dollar acquisition financings and major infrastructure financing by bank consortiums including IFIs.
- LLM., in Banking and Finance Law, Boston University, 2001
- LLB., Istanbul University School of Law, 1998
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Spring 2021, The Public Private Partnership Model Making Its Way Up to Mount Everest, March 2021, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Summer/Fall 2020, A New Global (?) Infrastructure Initiative: The Blue dot Network, October 2020, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Summer/Fall 2020, Wa’d Islamic Hedging Structures, October 2020, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – Practical Law: Establishing a Financial Institution in Turkey, May 2020, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Winter/Spring 2020, Introduction to Hedging Under Islamic Finance, April 2020, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Fall 2019, Mobilizing Sukuk in Project Financing, November 2019, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Fall 2019, Practical Issues regarding Surety Transactions in Turkish Banking Practice , November 2019, co-author
- International Law Students’ Association (ILSA)
- Boston University School of Law Alumni Association
- Istanbul University School of Law Alumni Association
- World Wildlife Foundation