Nazım Olcay Kurt is among the partners of our Real Estate practice group. Mr. Kurt has a strong reputation in the real estate market for his unique ability to apply his experience in dispute resolution to structure deals with a view towards minimizing potential exposure. Mr. Kurt is well known and recognized in the Turkish real estate industry through his significant involvement in real estate-based organizations such as the Real Estate Turkey (GMTR), the Urban Land Institute (ULI), the Association of Real Estate Investment Companies (GYODER), and the Center for Strategic Thinking in Real Estate (GİSP).
Mr. Kurt represents local commercial developers and international investors both in deal structuring and in court, and he has extensive experience in commercial real estate litigation, negotiations, international dispute resolution, project development, and permitting and licensing. Some of his most high-profile work has involved a decade-long engagement with a prominent multinational transit pipeline project company in real estate and real estate-related litigation matters, requiring work involving a multitude of title deed registries all around Turkey.
- PhD. Candidate in Private Law, Yeditepe University
- LLM., in Banking & Finance, Istanbul Commerce University, 2006
- LLB., Marmara University School of Law, 2002
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Winter/Spring 2020, Real Estate Investment Funds (REIF): An Appealing New Investment Vehicle, April 2020, co-author
- Lexology, GTDT – Real Estate 2020, November 2019, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Fall 2019, Special Investment Zones and Appealing Subsidies, November 2019, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – New Opportunity to Legalize Illegal Construction: Zoning Forbearance, September 2018, co-author
- Real Estate Magazine – The Legal and Commercial Risks of the Industry, September 2018
- Real Estate Magazine – Developments in the Industry, June 2018
- Real Estate Magazine – VAT Responsibility of Construction in Return for Flat Contracts, May 2018
- Ethical Values Center Association, Etik Değerler Merkezi (EDMER), Founder and Chairman
- Corporate Governance Association of Turkey, Türkiye Kurumsal Yönetim Derneği (TKYD)
- International Law Institute (ILI) Istanbul Chapter, Founding Member
- Center for Strategic Thinking in Real Estate, Gayrimenkul için Strateji Platformu (GİSP)