Mert Oğuzülgen is a leader on the capital markets side of our M&A and Investments practice group. Mr. Oğuzülgen is known for his role in many of the major M&A transactions that have taken place in Turkey over the last two decades, including landmark transactions in regulated markets as well as in the e-commerce sector.
In addition to his experience in traditional M&A work, Mr. Oğuzülgen also specializes in private equity and venture capital. The breadth of his experience puts him in a great position to assume a leadership role in M&A transactions requiring multiple layers of complexity, such as those involving capital markets aspects, private equity perspectives, or regulated markets. He recently advised in a major strategic investment by a worldwide online retail company in a Turkish e-commerce target operating in the field of fashion items.
- LLM., in Law & Economics, Utrecht University, 2005
- LLB., Istanbul University School of Law, 1999
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter, The Concept of a Secondary Mortgage Market: Lifeline for the Turkish Real Estate Market?, October 2020, co-author
- Chambers & Partners – Global Practice Guides: Energy: Oil & Gas, Law & Practice and Trends & Developments chapters, 2020, co-author
- Lexis Nexis, Oil & Gas Q&A Turkey Chapter, January 2020, co-author
- Chambers & Partners – Global Practice Guides: Energy: Oil & Gas, Law & Practice chapter, September 2019, co-author
- Lexis Nexis – Oil & Gas Turkey Chapter, January 2019, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter, Turkey’s Coal-Fired Visions, Spring 2017, co-author
- LBR – The Private Equity Review 5th edition, March 2017, co-author
- Utrecht University Alumni Association
- Kabataş High School Alumni Association