Kayra Üçer is a leader in our M&A and Corporate Support practice groups. Mr. Üçer is known as a conscientious, detail-oriented attorney with an outstanding reputation in the business community for his significant contributions to the field of corporate governance, particularly through his longstanding involvement with the Corporate Governance Association of Turkey.
Mr. Üçer most frequently represents foreign clients entering or exiting the Turkish market and local subsidiaries of foreign multinationals. His practice focuses primarily on share transfers occurring in regulated markets, capital markets, and wealth management. His innate understanding of the transactional process comes from a career spent representing clients in practically every major sector of the Turkish economy. In addition to his transactional work, Mr. Üçer provides advice in the fields of executive-level labor law and anti-corruption compliance concerns. His recent significant work has included advising on the market entry and market exit of one of the world’s top retail chains as well as share transfers concerning a number of Turkey`s most significant publicly-held entities.
- LLM., Georgetown University Law Center, 2000
- LLB., Marmara University School of Law, 1998
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – An Important but Overlooked Rule: Board Members and Conflicts of Interest, Summer 2019, co-author
Thomson Reuters – Practical Law: Establishing a Business in Turkey, November 2019, co-author
- Chambers & Partners – Global Practice Guides: Doing Business in Turkey, November 2018, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – Data Protection Code: Who is the Liable Party?, Summer/Fall 2018, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – PLC Life Sciences Global Guide Turkey Q&A: Medicinal product regulation and product liability in Turkey, May 2018, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – PLC Life Sciences Global Guide Turkey Q&A: Pharmaceutical IP and Competition law in Turkey, May 2018, co-author
- Financer Worlwide Magazine – Boardroom Intelligence Issues, February 2016, co-author
- International Law Institute (ILI) Istanbul Chapter, President
- Transparency International – Turkey, Board Member
- Ethical Values Center Association, Etik Değerler Merkezi (EDMER), Member
- Corporate Governance Association of Turkey, Türkiye Kurumsal Yönetim Derneği (TKYD), Board Member