Kayra Üçer is a leader in our M&A and Corporate Support practice groups. Mr. Üçer is known as a conscientious, detail-oriented attorney with an outstanding reputation in the business community for his significant contributions to the field of corporate governance, particularly through his longstanding involvement with the Corporate Governance Association of Turkey.
Mr. Üçer most frequently represents foreign clients entering or exiting the Turkish market and local subsidiaries of foreign multinationals. His practice focuses primarily on share transfers occurring in regulated markets, capital markets, and wealth management. His innate understanding of the transactional process comes from a career spent representing clients in practically every major sector of the Turkish economy. In addition to his transactional work, Mr. Üçer provides advice in the fields of executive-level labor law and anti-corruption compliance concerns. His recent significant work has included advising on the market entry and market exit of one of the world’s top retail chains as well as share transfers concerning a number of Turkey`s most significant publicly-held entities.
- LLM., Georgetown University Law Center, 2000
- LLB., Marmara University School of Law, 1998
- Lexis Nexis – Pharma Q&A, June 2020, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – Practical Law, Private Equity in Turkey Q&A, June 2020, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – Practical Law, Venture Capital Investment in Turkey Q&A, June 2020, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Winter/Spring 2020 Newsletter – The Duties of Boards of Directors and Board Members in view of the COVID-19 Threat, April 2020, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – Practical Law, Pensions issues in cross-border acquisitions Q&A: Turkey, March 2020, co-author
- Chambers & Partners – Global Practice Guides: Data Protection & Privacy 2020, Trends & Development and Law & Practice chapters, March 2020, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – Practical Law, Employees (private company acquisitions) Q&A: Turkey, January 2020, co-author
- International Law Institute (ILI) Istanbul Chapter, President
- Transparency International – Turkey, Board Member
- Ethical Values Center Association, Etik Değerler Merkezi (EDMER), Member
- Corporate Governance Association of Turkey, Türkiye Kurumsal Yönetim Derneği (TKYD), Board Member