Kayra Üçer is a leader in our M&A and Corporate Support practice groups. Mr. Üçer is known as a conscientious, detail-oriented attorney with an outstanding reputation in the business community for his significant contributions to the field of corporate governance, particularly through his longstanding involvement with the Corporate Governance Association of Turkey.
Mr. Üçer most frequently represents foreign clients entering or exiting the Turkish market and local subsidiaries of foreign multinationals. His practice focuses primarily on share transfers occurring in regulated markets, capital markets, and wealth management. His innate understanding of the transactional process comes from a career spent representing clients in practically every major sector of the Turkish economy. In addition to his transactional work, Mr. Üçer provides advice in the fields of executive-level labor law and anti-corruption compliance concerns. His recent significant work has included advising on the market entry and market exit of one of the world’s top retail chains as well as share transfers concerning a number of Turkey`s most significant publicly-held entities.
- LLM., Georgetown University Law Center, 2000
- LLB., Marmara University School of Law, 1998
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter 2022/44, Digital Mobbing: The Concept and Evaluation under Turkish Law, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter 2022/44, Benefits of Internal Company Regulations and Their Enforcement Under Turkish Law, co-author
- Lexis Nexis Middle East, Insurance & Reinsurance Q&A 2022, January 2022, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Summer/Fall 2021 Newsletter, Fasten Your Seat Belt for a More Straightforward Mandatory Tender Offer Process, October 2021, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Spring 2021 Newsletter, Data Protection and Labor Law Compliance for Internal Investigations, March 2021, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – PLC “Medicinal product regulation and product liability in Turkey:” March 2021, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – PLC “Pharmaceutical IP and competition law in Turkey” March 2021, co-author
- International Law Institute (ILI) Istanbul Chapter, President
- Transparency International – Turkey, Board Member
- Ethical Values Center Association, Etik Değerler Merkezi (EDMER), Member
- Corporate Governance Association of Turkey, Türkiye Kurumsal Yönetim Derneği (TKYD), Board Member