Kayra Üçer is a leader in our M&A and Corporate Support practice groups. Mr. Üçer is known as a conscientious, detail-oriented attorney with an outstanding reputation in the business community for his significant contributions to the field of corporate governance, particularly through his longstanding involvement with the Corporate Governance Association of Turkey.
Mr. Üçer most frequently represents foreign clients entering or exiting the Turkish market and local subsidiaries of foreign multinationals. His practice focuses primarily on share transfers occurring in regulated markets, capital markets, and wealth management. His innate understanding of the transactional process comes from a career spent representing clients in practically every major sector of the Turkish economy. In addition to his transactional work, Mr. Üçer provides advice in the fields of executive-level labor law and anti-corruption compliance concerns. His recent significant work has included advising on the market entry and market exit of one of the world’s top retail chains as well as share transfers concerning a number of Turkey`s most significant publicly-held entities.
- LLM., Georgetown University Law Center, 2000
- LLB., Marmara University School of Law, 1998
- Thomson Reuters – Practical Law, : Pensions issues in cross-border acquisitions Q&A: Turkey, March 2020, co-author
- Chambers & Partners – Global Practice Guides: Data Protection & Privacy 2020, Trends & Development and Law & Practice chapters, March 2020, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – Practical Law, Employees (private company acquisitions) Q&A: Turkey, January 2020, co-author
- IBA European Regional Forum, Turkey Regulates Online Streaming Platforms, December 2019, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – A New Front Line in the Content Wars: Turkey , Fall 2019, co-author
- Thomson Reuters – Practical Law, Employees (joint ventures) Q&A: Turkey, September 2019, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – An Important but Overlooked Rule: Board Members and Conflicts of Interest, Summer 2019, co-author
- International Law Institute (ILI) Istanbul Chapter, President
- Transparency International – Turkey, Board Member
- Ethical Values Center Association, Etik Değerler Merkezi (EDMER), Member
- Corporate Governance Association of Turkey, Türkiye Kurumsal Yönetim Derneği (TKYD), Board Member