İsmet Bozoğlu is among the leaders in our Commercial Support and Dispute Resolution practice groups. He also advises strategic investors in M&A transactions. Mr. Bozoğlu specializes in guiding Turkish subsidiaries of global corporations through complicated patchworks of compliance requirements. While local officers often view issues from a different perspective than global headquarters, Mr. Bozoğlu uses his extensive experience in international transactions to align all parties’ viewpoints and suggest practical solutions that satisfy stakeholders at all corporate levels. As a seasoned litigator, Mr. Bozoğlu acts as lead counsel where his corporate clients are engaged in local disputes or international arbitration proceedings and specializes in suits arising out of distributorship relationships, market entry or exit transactions, and white-collar criminal proceedings.
Mr. Bozoğlu has specific expertise in the maritime and aviation industries. He also continues to provide operational support to clients in a range of other industries as well. Some of his best-known clients operate in the healthcare, medical device, food and beverage, telecommunications, and publishing industries. As a litigator, Mr. Bozoğlu generally acts as defense counsel, his client portfolio of global corporations tending more often to defend rather than initiate local disputes, but he is also known as a creative plaintiff’s counsel.
- LLM. in Commercial Law, Istanbul Bilgi University School of Law, 2007
- LLB., Istanbul Bilgi University School of Law, 2002
- Lexis Nexis Middle East, Air Transport Q&A 2020, June 2020, co-author
- Lexis Nexis Middle East, Franchising Q&A 2020, February 2020, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – Artificially Intelligent Agents and Criminal Liability , Fall 2019, co-author
- Corporate Governance Association of Turkey, Türkiye Kurumsal Yönetim Derneği (TKYD)
- International Law Institute (ILI) Istanbul Chapter