Ayşe Hergüner Bilgen is one of our firm’s founding partners and oversees our Dispute Resolution and Employment & Labor practice groups. Ms. Hergüner Bilgen is one of the most well respected names in Turkish litigation, and is known for her resolute composure and ability to develop practical real-world solutions for complex disputes. Her experience spanning a term of over thirty years and her level of acquaintance with Turkish court procedures continuously proves to be a key asset during complex dispute proceedings touching upon multiple practice areas. Her experience also covers settlement proceedings occurring during and outside of court proceedings.
She represents foreign and domestic clients who are confronting a wide range of legal issues, primarily involving commercial and administrative litigation, tax litigation, bankruptcy and enforcement, family disputes, labor disputes, as well as criminal investigation and defense. Ms. Hergüner Bilgen is currently lead counsel on some of Turkey’s highest-profile commercial and administrative court cases.
- LLM., Istanbul University School of Law, 1981
- LLB., Istanbul University School of Law, 1980
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Winter/Spring 2020, Covert Advertising by Social Media and Its Legal Aspects, April 2020, co-author
- Bloomberg Tax Navigator 2019, August 2019, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter – Regional Courts Change Vertical Judiciary Structure, Sping 2017, co-author
- LBR – Tax Disputes & Litigation Review, December 2016, co-author
- Bloomberg BNA – Vat Navigator, The Developments in Turkey between March 2016 and August 2016, November 2016, co-author
- Bloomberg BNA – Vat Navigator, The Developments in Turkey from October 2015 to February 2016, March 2016, co-author
- Bloomberg BNA – Vat Navigator, Methods of Payment of VAT and Developments in VAT from May to September 2015, November 2015, co-author
- Turkish Industrialists and Businesspersons Association, Türk Sanayicileri ve İşadamları Derneği (TÜSİAD), Member
- Corporate Governance Association of Turkey, Türkiye Kurumsal Yönetim Derneği (TKYD)