Deniz Tuncel is among the leaders in our Energy and M&A practice groups and has played a key role in some of the most ground-breaking Energy and M&A transactions that have occurred in Turkey in the last decade. Mr. Tuncel has a personal affinity for Asia, and was seconded to the cross border transactional practice of one of the most prestigious law firms in Japan. Mr. Tuncel serves as an editor for the Turkish Commercial Law Review, where he acted as co-editor-in-chief of the Japan issue.
Mr. Tuncel has acted as lead Turkish counsel in some of the landmark M&A transactions that have occurred in the Turkish e-commerce sector. He also focuses on major energy development projects such as cross-border pipelines, renewables, and electricity generation facilities. Mr. Tuncel’s experience in the field of energy concerns every phase of an energy investment, from project development through the transfer of the investment or decommissioning, where his insight into the regulatory framework governing the energy market and its environmental impact makes a substantial difference. His work has included one of Turkey’s largest cross-border asset swap deals involving a vertically integrated power generation and distribution group, the sale of the Turkish business of a major international oil and gas company to another, and representation of the project company in what will ultimately be the largest cross border natural gas pipeline in the region.
- LLM., Harvard Law School, 2009
- LLM., Istanbul Bilgi University School of Law, 2006
- LLB., Istanbul University School of Law, 2001
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter, Electromobility Legislation in Turkey, March 2021, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter, Recent Developments
Concerning Strategic Environmental Assessment, October 2020, co-author
- Chambers & Partners – Global Practice Guides: Energy: Oil & Gas, Law & Practice and Trends & Developments chapters, 2020, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Winter/Spring 2020, The Salient Legal Aspects of Natural Gas Exploration Disputes in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Legal Regime Applicable to Offshore Pipeline Projects, April 2020, co-author
- Chambers & Partners – Global Practice Guides: Data Protection & Privacy 2020, Trends & Development and Law & Practice chapters, March 2020, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Fall 2019 – Recent Developments in the Renewable Energy Sector , November 2019, co-author
- Chambers & Partners – Global Practice Guides: Energy: Oil & Gas, Law & Practice chapter, August 2019, co-author
- International Law Institute (ILI) Istanbul Chapter, Supervisory Board Member
- Turkish Commercial Law Review, Editorial Board