Aslı Budak is a leader in our Projects & Infrastructure practice group. Ms. Budak is known for her record of success in conducting complicated and extensive negotiations between all project stakeholders, including regulatory authorities and private counterparties. Her extensive experience in long-term, multiparty transactions and her inimitable approach towards garnering cooperation from all transaction parties, including local governmental authorities, by promoting common benefits is an indispensable asset, particularly in long-term infrastructure & project finance projects. Her extensive experience in the industry, her reputation for diligence and her deft personal touch make her a highly sought-after arbitrator in disputes related to the industry.
Ms. Budak represents financial institutions and project companies, and her practice focuses primarily on large-scale infrastructure development projects such as bridges, tunnels, roads, airports, and electricity generation facilities. Some of her most significant work includes representing the project company developing the first tunnel linking Europe with Asia as well as the second longest suspension bridge in the World.
- LLB., Ankara University School of Law, 1987
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter 2022/44, Greener Arbitration, Greener World, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Summer/Fall 2021, Application of Law No. 805 on Arbitration Agreements, October 2021, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Summer/Fall 2021, An Overview of Third-Party Funding in the 2021 ICC Arbitration Rules, October 2021, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Spring 2021, Artificial Intelligence in Arbitration- Current Uses and the Turkish Law Approach, March 2021, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Spring 2021, Arbitration Clauses Incorporated by Reference: An Overview of the Turkish Approach, March 2021, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Summer/Fall 2020, Arbitration During the COVID-19 Pandemic, October 2020, co-author
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Newsletter Summer/Fall, Dealing with Multi-Tiered Arbitration Clauses, October 2020, co-author
- Association for the Support of Contemporary Living, Çağdaş Yaşamı Destekleme Derneği, (ÇYDD)