Serkan Gül is a partner with Hergüner Bilgen Özeke with a particular focus on the real estate sector and leads our Real Estate Team. Mr. Gül advises throughout all phases of real estate transactions (asset and share deals) from the development of a project to its completion. He has acquired wide experience in property transactions with a specific focus on residential, office, shopping center, hotel and port investments. Mr. Gül advises his clients regarding zoning, construction, license and permits, leasing, sale and leasebacks, profit sharing agreements and EPC contracts, as well as the structuring of projects and investments. He acts on behalf of a wide range of national and international clients comprised of property developers, investment funds, construction companies, landlords, tenants and other parties involved in real development.
In addition to real estate projects, Mr. Gül also has experience in various other commercial and corporate transactions.
HONORS AND RANKINGS
- Chambers & Partners Europe, ranked as Band 1 in Real Estate (2016)
- Chambers & Partners Europe, ranked as Band 1 in Real Estate (2015)
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- GYODER (Association of Real Estate Companies)
- GISP (Centre for Strategic Thinking in Real Estate)
- Featured as a regular contributor to Gayrimenkul Türkiye magazine (from March 2013 to present)
- Gayrimenkul Türkiye Magazine, Investor's Guide Turkey (2016)
- Networking Turkey, Investor’s Guide Turkey (2014), Liberal Approach for Foreign Currency Rentals: Provisions of Turkish Law for Obligations Regarding Rent Increases
- Networking Turkey, Investor’s Guide Turkey (2013), The Biggest Construction Site on Earth: Turkey
PRESENTATIONS, SPEECHES & INTERVIEWS
- Share Real Estate Conferences (Speaker 2014)
- Participant in Roundtable discussion on the Real Estate sector in Gayrimenkul Türkiye Magazine Sept-Oct. 2014 issue
- Mipim, The Leading International Real Estate event, Improving the Investment Climate in Turkey (Speaker 2013)